In 2010, SITA and the British Airport Authority (BAA) commissioned a network upgrade of the SITA AirportHUB network infrastructure. The objective of the upgrade was to improve performance, throughput, resiliency, and redundancy, while reducing the cost to the airline community operating at London Heathrow (LHR).
SITA engaged Inspired Networks to
- Document existing network equipment and standards
- Develop a phased upgrade plan
- Develop a test & commissioning plan
- Project Manage the implementation (upgrade)
- Perform the network implementation (upgrade)
- Provide testing & commissioning services
The network upgrade included new redundant and secure integration with the Common Use providers (SITA, ARINC) operating at LHR.
The network upgrade project was delivered on-time and under budget with no unplanned outages.
Owner: British Airport Authority (BAA)
Completion Date: February 2011
- Survey and Documentation
- Stakeholder Interviews
- Due Diligence
- Client Interface
- System Design
- Delivery Management
- Project Management
- Test and Commissioning
- Solution Design